Pastors, you don't have to resign your church to plant a church. Win and disciple souls, then raise up and release leaders to plant new works. The following steps identify the church planting process and can be remembered easily as the five-finger approach to church planting:
1. Bible Study - An individual teaches a home Bible study and wins a soul.
2. Home Group - This convert gathers more family and friends and starts a small group.
3. Preaching Point - This group gains momentum and begins to conduct church services.
4. Daughter Work - This work is organized under the mother church, and a congregation is formed.
5. Autonomous Church - This church is established and repeats the cycle by starting Home Bible studies.